Kross Builder has developed an electric forklift truck designed to withstand shocks, bad weather, rough terrain and other constraints common to all types of construction sites.
It is a tool designed to last and accompany in complete safety the companions in the field, especially in the field of construction and public works.
Because of the benefits it offers, EDF has considered testing this product on the Cattenom power plant site for a period of 2 months, starting on 17 September 2019 (extended by 2 weeks until 29 November 2019). The main challenge was to test this trolley for different uses on a nuclear site, to discover its functionalities and above all, to judge its effectiveness in meeting a real need, that of easily transporting equipment as close as possible to nuclear sites (despite a set of associated constraints).
During this experimental period, two electric trolleys were made available to service providers and EDF agents. With this objective in mind :
- A trolley has been placed in the tool store to transport all types of non-hazardous material as close as possible to the worksites (department responsible: MCR);
- A second trolley has been allocated a location at the entrance to the site near the entrance to the vehicle SAS so that the user can benefit from priority access to bring his equipment onto the site; a VP/VU location has also been provided to facilitate the loading of the equipment into the trolley (department responsible: DTS).
Objectives of the project
- Introducing the electric trolley to EDF’s agents and service provider companies
- Use Kross Builder on a nuclear site (enter and circulate on site and in the different buildings, transport material, test its different technical functions and judge its added value in the different sites (maintenance sites for example).
- From the collection of the different REX of the users :
- To know the main advantages of the electric forklift truck
- Identify possible limits / barriers to use in the nuclear industry
- Identify areas for improvement for optimal use and site implementation
- Continuous exchange with Kross Builder to redefine the needs, to bring solutions to problems that could be identified during testing
- Ultimately, thanks to this type of product, improve the working conditions of technicians, reduce the arduousness and risk of injuries related to the handling of heavy loads, improve performance, efficiency and productivity on construction sites.
- Gilles and Nicolas, two founders of Kross Builder united by the same passions, Gilles, former strategy consultant, and Nicolas, former head of a team of maintenance agents at EDF.
- Kross Builder is first and foremost a reactive team of 35 passionate people who continually seek to adapt the product according to the customer’s needs (R&D, functionality, mechanics, design).
Fields of application of the equipment (transverse)
- Health / Safety
- Performance (cost, time, etc.)
- Availability / Production